Youth for Christ
Youth for Christ (YFC) is a non-denominational, non-profit youth outreach organization. The Lincoln, Nebraska Area YFC held a traditional banquet fundraising event, but was looking to increase attendance and fundraising by changing the event to a comedy evening. YFC worked with UNANIMOUS to create a logo, poster, social media graphics, and a direct-mail invitation to promote the new event format.
- Create a fun, family-friendly logo that can be used across multiple platforms and works with YFC’s brand style guide.
- Design a direct-mail piece that acts as an invitation, as well as a fundraising piece.
- Include content form fields, return address, and event information on one piece.
- Encourage and increase attendance at this new annual event.
- Attendance at the 2016 event was 470, up from 210 last year
- In 2016, 212 donors gave $45,580. Last year 58 donors gave $22,020.
- YFC achieved 750 Facebook likes with little to no advertising, over the 611 Facebook likes the prior year with advertising.
- Youth for Christ Director Matt Schulte indicated year-end giving, which was significantly impacted by Comedy Night since it was held in November, grew from $174,000 to $182,320.
Social Media Campaign
UNANIMOUS leveraged Facebook advertising for digital event promotion for the YFC comedy night. An ad series was designed and specifically targeted to parents and teens involved in YFC those new to the organization. The digital ads were also designed for Twitter and email correspondence.
Comedy Night Branding
UNANIMOUS was tasked with creating new branding for the YFC comedy night. A fun and playful logo design captured the essence of the event and was the catalyst for event marketing collateral including posters, social media graphics, and a direct-mail invitation. A die-cut invitation featured fun photos of the comedian and simple perforated RSVP ticket form. The results for the event were outstanding and saw the organization more than double attendees and funds raised.