Campbell’s Nursery has been a family-owned, local favorite for landscape design and gardening needs in the Lincoln community for more than 100 years. It’s known for its knowledgeable staff, quality products, cultivated ideas, and dedication to horticulture.
UNANIMOUS collaborated with the Campbell's team for many years, most recently revitalizing their existing brand. From leading focus groups, creating a strong and consistent communication strategy, designing a new logo, to updating all marketing collateral, UNANIMOUS has enjoyed partnering with Campbell's to elevate their brand.
- Lead a focus group with various Campbell’s customers to gain a deeper insight into the Campbell’s brand.
- Develop insights from the focus groups to create a communication strategy with consistent messaging to effectively reach its target audiences.
- Design a logo to position Campbell’s into the future, yet remain identifiable within the community.
- Update various marketing collateral with the new brand for the brand launch.
- Produce promotional videos focused on products and services in the spring and fall seasons.
Research & Focus Groups
UNANIMOUS kicked off the project with a discovery meeting involving the Campbell’s team, covering brand history, marketing goals, brand persona, and more. UNANIMOUS conducted a series of focus groups and numerous individual phone interviews to gather feedback from Campbell’s customers on several key areas. From there, we assessed communication, service, quality, pricing, and more.
- Campbell’s is known for having the highest quality products and plant material in Lincoln. However, it is also known for being more expensive.
- Campbell’s former logo lacked visibility and clarity among customers.
- Customers desire more educational opportunities.
- People choose Campbell’s over other landscape and garden companies in the area for the quality, local/family-owned aspect, and the consistency and longevity of the company.
After the data was collected, UNANIMOUS provided a communication strategy with a full analysis of the research key findings, key messages, elevator speech, and marketing recommendations for the future. The key messages that accurately describe Campbells’ new and improved brand included emphasizing quality and family ownership, and an engaging and educational community within the nursery. We established a positioning statement so staff and brand ambassadors can summarize Campbell’s services and strengths. Finally, a brand launch strategy included specific deliverables that the Campbell's team could implement to ensure the rebrand was successful.
To reveal the new brand, UNANIMOUS designed several deliverables and promotional materials for Campbell’s. Apparel such as sweatshirts, tank tops, t-shirts, and gardening gloves all show the updated brand. Other branded marketing materials such as gift cards, handouts, and water bottles tied the new brand together. UNANIMOUS also designed and coordinated the installation of new interior and exterior signage at both Campbell’s locations, as well as vehicle wraps. Finally, a brand guide was created for Campbell's to provide brand standards and ensure consistency in logo, color, and type usage across all marketing communications.