Centra is a regional nonprofit healthcare system based in Lynchburg, Virginia. With more than 6,400 employees, 300 employed providers and physicians, and nearly 600 medical staff providing care in 64 locations, Centra serves over 380,000 people throughout central and southern Virginia. UNANIMOUS planned, designed, and developed a website to serve as an online hub for over 100 of Centra’s hospitals, clinics, service lines and more. The new website accommodates Centra's continuing growth by putting a premium on user experience and streamlining the process of adding content and new locations.
Website Design Objectives
- Bring 100 individual websites together under one central website
- Build a structure that allows for growth
- Create a system that utilizes content dynamically to increase efficiencies and eliminate redundancies
- Allow for flexibility and customization for individual clinic pages within the overall site
- Responsive design creating mobile compatibility
- Location detection to funnel visitors to the correct location
- Make all content within three clicks
Website Design Results
- Overall website bounce rate down 25%
- Time on website is up 23%
- Total page views are up 37%
- Over 20 active users at various facilities contributing content
- Nearly even split on Physicians, Services, and Facility page views
- Over 40% mobile visitors and growing
- +100,000 monthly visitors
- Countless hours and money saved managing sites
"We have sincerely loved our interaction with UNANIMOUS. The level of professional expertise and yet personal touch has been amazing. Our website functionality and consumer interaction has improved tremendously, and we could not be happier with the level of service we have received."
– Kate Kolb, Digital Marketing Specialist at Centra
Website Design & Development
Centra's primary challenge was a website presence that had grown to over 100 separate websites for its hospitals, clinics, service lines, and more. There was no overall online plan in place to accommodate Centra's continuing growth, such as the acquisition or addition of a facility. Numerous meetings with the Centra team helped to establish a plan and structure for the website development.
The overall structure focused on people, facilities, and services, with each entry point containing a robust search mechanism that aligns content for the visitor. When a visitor views a service, all physicians and facilities associated with that service are also presented and vice versa.
Working with UNANIMOUS, Centra now has a single, centralized website that focuses on the visitor experience, streamlines content management (CMS), and meets its future growth demands. Location-detection functionality makes it easy for visitors to find their nearest Centra health location or provider instantly.