YMCA of Lincoln
As a leading non-profit, community service organization, the Lincoln, Nebraska YMCA needed a new website with a user-friendly interface to organize a substantial amount of information and resources. A crucial feature of the website is centered around youth sports and the ability to easily search and register for a vast number of camps and clinics. The new website is easy to maintain and eliminated the need to rely on hundreds of PDF forms for registration and information.
Website Design Objectives
- Equip their internal team with robust content management capabilities
- Organize the large amount of resources on the site such as membership, youth sports, and family programs, to eliminate the need for PDFs
- Enable the website to be desktop and mobile friendly
Website Design Results
- Website earned Lincoln’s American Marketing Association Prism Merit Award
- Over 60% of traffic is from a mobile device
- Average time on site is 3 minutes
- Over 4 pages per visitor session
- Overwhelming positive feedback from members on the ease of locating information
"Their team was not only passionate and knowledgeable about the intricacies of web design, but sincerely passionate about the YMCA as well."
— Katherine Warren, Executive Marketing Director
A Better Website User Experience
The YMCA of Lincoln had to completely overhaul its website presence to comply with the new Y-USA brand standards. Enhancing and simplifying the user experience was the number one goal for the redesign. Guidelines for the development of the new website focused on a user-friendly interface, desktop and mobile compatibility, and robust content management capabilities. Having a large number of resources on the website such as membership enrollment, youth sports, and family programs made it crucial to incorporate content tagging to dynamically organize content and eliminate the need for PDF usage.
A separate website for YMCA’s Camp Kitaki was also designed and developed to align with the new YMCA website. The new camp website is feature-rich and allows parents to learn about what makes Camp Kitaki so special.