Nebraska Surgical Specialists
Led by Board-certified surgeon Dr. Paul Kampfe, Nebraska Surgical Specialists has been a trusted name for general surgery in Lincoln, Nebraska for over 30 years. UNANIMOUS worked closely with Dr. Kampfe on a comprehensive communication strategy and developed a complete rebrand for the practice. The new logo and branding were incorporated into marketing collateral and a new patient-focused website. A highly successful brand launch party unveiled the new office and branding and was featured on Channel 10/11 News.
Branding & Marketing Objectives
- Write a communication strategy to outline brand direction and identify key initiatives for the branding
- Design a logo and branding that Dr. Kampfe was truly proud to stand behind
- Provide a style guide and recommendations for implementing the new brand across all communication platforms
- Create a tagline that articulates the new direction and builds trust
- Design and develop an intuitive and welcoming website with the new branding
- Create vehicle for connecting with doctors, hospitals, and care providers to harness patient referrals
Branding & Marketing Results
- Enthusiastic approval of all logo and brand materials from Dr. Kampfe
- Successful brand launch party attended by key influencers including area hospital CEOs
- Featured story on 10/11 News
- As the face of the brand, Dr. Kampfe’s bio page consistently ranks in the top three of page views on the website
- Since launch, over 250 branded print packets have been distributed to local hospitals and care providers resulting in new referrals and patients.
Starting out basically as a new business, one of Dr. Kampfe’s biggest hurdles was attracting new clients. As with most specialty practices, patient referrals are the key source of new business.
Communication Strategy & Branding
UNANIMOUS first conducted a communication strategy to evaluate existing branding and inventory strengths, competition, market position, and material audits. The communication strategy helped to establish a clear direction for the branding and tagline, as well as overall brand implementation. A brand style guide was created outlining logo usage with and without the tagline and across several platforms. Multiple logo lockups were designed with Dr. Kampfe’s name and credentials as the primary and secondary textual element. Tagline development needed to showcase Dr. Kampfe’s surgical expertise and his exceptional patient care. Eventually Skilled Hands. Personalized Care. was chosen for its simplicity and succinctness.
Logo Development & Print Collateral
To address the need for patient referrals, UNANIMOUS designed and created a comprehensive print packet that included a branded pocket folder, brochure, notecards, and business card. In turn, Dr. Kampfe personally delivered the packets to local hospitals and doctors to personally meet them and inform them about Nebraska Surgical Specialists. Since brand launch, over 250 branded print packets have been distributed to local hospitals and care providers resulting in new referrals and patients.
Brand Launch Party
The overall rebrand was hugely successful and Dr. Kampfe was extremely pleased with the logo, print collateral, and website. Attendees included the Lincoln Chamber of Commerce, 10/11 News (story featured on the evening news), prominent doctors, and, perhaps most importantly for referral development, the CEOs of Bryan Health and CHI St. Elizabeth’s. Hospital CEOs and doctors are key influencers and a crucial component of a business model relying heavily on referrals.